- Digital Services
- Data Collection
Data Processing & Analytics
The acquisition of sample and transformation of data into knowledge is no longer a simple matter of providing lists of names and summary tables. Luth’s value and expertise comes from the fact that we understand that each type of research objective imposes different kinds of requirements and offers different possibilities for consideration.
From the beginning, we approach data gathering as an attempt to match research methodologies, sample acquisition strategies, sample types and information requirements to business objectives, rather than just filling a quota. The nature of the research objective affects who you ask, what you ask them, and how you get the data.
With an experienced team of research and statistical professionals, Luth offers a range of analytical support services that are geared to make research more efficient and effective—in essence—turning knowledge into intelligence.
Validation & Calibration
To address the increasing demand for using combined research methods (for example, online surveying and telephone interviewing), Luth Research provides side-by-side comparison analysis and guidance in maximizing the advantages of different research techniques.
Luth offers multi-mode data collection methods, which are fundamental for methodological validation and calibration, or assessing feasibility and benefits of using online or a combination of online and telephone surveying methods.
Sampling Design & Techniques
Before a client proposes or designs a research project, our team helps clients determine the desired total sample size and sub-group sample sizes to statistically sound comparison. In addition, we conduct power analysis to optimize the sample size recommendations according to the types of analytical techniques to be performed using the research data.
Luth Research can also assist in recommending the proper sampling method and design by utilizing SurveySavvy®, the company’s online community, and/or external sample sources. For research projects that require a representative sample, Luth establishes sample quotas to closely mirror the Census statistics.
When warranted by the research situations, we will also perform weighting of the data to reflect the true population parameters in demographics, as well as known product or service usage characteristics. Conducting this weighting allows you to gain an in-depth look at the data for population projection in new product development, brand audit or market share benchmarking.
Specific Services include:
- Sample Size Determination with Estimated Margin of Error
- Power Analysis
- Research Method Comparison
- Sampling Method Recommendation and Design
- Simple Random Sampling
- Stratified Sampling
- Sample Balancing Based on the Census
- Sample Weighting
Data Quality Assurance
Upon completion of data collection, data diagnostics can be performed to ensure clean and quality data for further analysis. We can also help clients in identifying outliers and perform data cleansing procedures. To further determine the appropriate analytical procedures in the next step, Luth Research provides statistical analysis to test the data distribution and measure reliability and validity of measures.
Specific Services include:
- Outliers Determination and Data Cleaning
- Measurement of Skewness (symmetry) and Kurtosis (Peaked or Flat)
- Examining Reliability of Measures
- Examining Validity of Measures
Luth Research provides data processing services to ensure a smooth one-stop service experience for clients.
- Simple and Complex Nested Cross Tabulations
- Frequencies and Percentages Calculation
- Descriptive Statistics, Including Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, and Standard Error
- Simple and Complex Summary Tables for Comparison of Means, Top or Bottom Boxes
- Statistical Significance Testing, Multiple Confidence Levels, T and Z Tests, ANOVA, Chi-Square
- Integration of Coded Open-Ended Responses
- Platforms: SPSS tables, CFMC Mentor
- Output Formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, HTML, PowerPoint (Charts)
- Automatically Generated Table Index
- Well Trained and Experienced Coders
- Code Development from Verbatim Content
- Measurement of Inter-Coder Reliability (Cohen’s Kappa)
- Output Formats: Excel, ASCII, or Other Client-Specified Formats
Luth Research helps clients apply advanced statistical procedures and modeling to best answer their research hypothesis. Our set of analytical tools includes:
- Distribution Fitting
- Multiple Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Factor Analysis
- Discriminant Analysis
- Multivariate Analysis or Variance
- Multi-Dimensional Scaling
- Cluster Analysis
- Conjoint Analysis
- Correspondence Analysis
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Canonical Correlation
- Survival Analysis
- Time Series Analysis